VP, Asset Architecture & Control - Investment Manager
|Job Title:||VP, Asset Architecture & Control - Investment Manager|
|Contact Name:||James Rushworth|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2021 10:28|
The team is a centralised, specialist function for the governance of our client's Investment Asset Architecture, and the implementation and ongoing maintenance of effective investment and process controls across the Investment Operational Control Environment and the governance of their Investment Data Domain. The objectives of the team are the design, administration, and oversight of the continuous improvement of a common enterprise architecture.
The objective of this position is to serve as the primary advisor and controller for all of the mandates governing investment assets across the Group, ensuring that all new mandates or amendments to existing mandates are centrally administered, are in adherence with the Group-wide requirements with respect to the mandate format, definitions and investment asset architecture.
You will also take the role as the primary coordinator for ensuring all new mandates or amendments to existing mandates are applied within the Investment Operational Control environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Thought leadership, ideation and substantial hands on contribution to the shaping and ongoing development of the Investment Asset Architecture by facilitating the continued structuring of Business Unit assets into Funds, Sub-Funds, Investment Portfolio and Sub-Portfolios as formalised and governed by mandate.
- Providing advice on the drafting of Asset Mandates and Portfolio Mandates and oversight and control of the mandate and composite data inputted and stored within Microsoft Power Platform.
- Overseeing the effective application of Reference Indexes and Portfolio Benchmark Indexes within mandates and coordinating with the Middle Office and Investment Consultancy Unit with respect to the application of indexes to support pre-trade analytics, pre-trade controls, post-trade monitoring and post-trade reporting.
- Coordinating with the Data Management Office and Middle Office to ensure mandate and composite data deployed into the IBOR for supporting investment analytics and reporting.
- Providing ongoing input to the Investment Governance Framework ("IGF"), specifically in relation to the Investment Standards on Mandates and Asset Hierarchy, so as to facilitate the IGF's continuous improvement in support of strategic goals.
- Acting as an advocate for the IGF with respect to Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit functions in support of monitoring, assurance and audit within the three lines of defense approach to risk management.
- Support the development and ongoing requirements a SICAV Funds Platform, specifically with regard to ensuring that robust controls and monitoring are applied on the investment objectives, guidelines and restrictions set out in the prospectus or as required under applicable laws to meet internal and regulatory requirements.
Suitable candidates will have:
- At least 10 years of related Asset Management Compliance or Portfolio Risk Management experience.
- Strong attention to detail and an analytical mindset.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Chartered Financial Analyst and/or a Master's Degree in Finance or similar qualifications would be viewed favourably.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to deal with and handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Good work attitude and ability to work as a larger team.
- Independent and strong self-initiative.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English with an ability to outline complex concepts into simply written form.
- Spoken and written Mandarin would be beneficial but not essential to the role.
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Investment Writer, European Asset Manager
Product Specialist - Equities, Global Asset Manager
Fixed Income Trade Support, Top Tier Asset Manager
COO, Alternative Investment Management
Director of China Strategy - Asset Management
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong