Value Chain Director, Supply Chain,One Leading Consumer Company
|Job Title:||Value Chain Director, Supply Chain,One Leading Consumer Company|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||March 07, 2018 19:36|
Report to: Senior Director, Asia Pacific
- The Director, Value Chain Management will be responsible for developing and executing a reliable value chain for the ecommerce channel, and delivering and shaping the long term end-to-end supply chain strategy through customer collaboration. The value chain leader will lead a cross-functional team of associates (not direct reports) focused on driving value and growth to the channel through alternate supply chain solutions including but not limited to new packaging, planning, manufacturing and distribution solutions.
- The Director, Value Chain Management will also be responsible for representing the e Commerce value chain and driving process and product innovation with a cross-functional team. The value chain leader will work with the commercial, supply chain and CLS teams to make quick decisions to drive test and learn opportunities for this channel. Additionally, this team will develop the strategic plan to drive accelerated growth. The value chain leader will ensure direct line communications to the regional and global franchise value stream leaders to ensure alignment on the overall supply chain long term strategy.
- This position will initially be based in China and focused fully on developing a Strategy, team and execution roadmap for the Consumer business. Following this, the Director will be required to take a more regional role, leveraging the China model and rapidly deploying best practice, appropriate teams and processes across the other markets.
- E2E representative facilitating actions across key functions enabling Ecommerce value chain including demand and supply planning, commercial forecasting, packaging/customization, order management and shipping, analytics and data infrastructure
- Partner with commercial to build out the supply chain requirements for the key initiatives below by developing a 3-yr strategic plan to grow the business and meet the aspirational targets.
- Accelerate Beauty & OTC Growth
- Execute Sampling Experiments
- Rapid test and learn, leveraging external benchmarking and internal success stories
- Building new channel models
- Developing partner relationships across the E2E supply chain - exploiting external expertise.
- Partner with franchise value stream leaders to incorporate new business requirements into Product Strategy Road Maps
- Customer Service: OTIF, Consumer satisfaction, SLA agreements with partners
- Agility: Supply lead-times, co-packing efficiencies
- Cost and Cash: Inventory, SLOB, SC P&L
- Growth: Demonstrated innovations and agility initiatives driving growth
- A Bachelor's degree is required. A degree in engineering, supply chain or related areas is preferred; Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree or Masters is highly preferred, ecommerce experience is preferred, having worked in a "start-up" environment is also preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related work experience in total supply chain or commercial function is required with related experience such as manufacturing, distribution, planning, project management, procurement, engineering, sales or R&D.
- Experience managing and developing people is highly preferred.
- Previous leadership in managing global cross-functional teams through influence vs. direct control is preferred.
- Ability to navigate in highly matrixed environment to achieve alignment and connect functional partners to deliver on key outcomes
- Global/Regional process development is preferred
- Previous Experience in large Supply Chain and Logistics organizations with a progressive track record of success is required.
- Demonstrated record of achievement with respect to the mission elements relating to quality, customer service, EHS, product cost, bringing new products to market, and new product introductions.
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and achieving objectives in a manner that is supportive of the Leadership Behaviors.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and technical capabilities;
- Commitment to mutual accountability.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to influence senior leadership
- Demonstrated aptitude and attitude to get immersed in the resolution of technical challenges and technical advancements.
- Ability to understand and utilize financial analyses to make good decisions in a manufacturing and corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and achieve significant, complex goals and objectives.
- Support dynamic virtual teams in a global and matrixed organization
- Process Excellence/Six Sigma Certification
- Demonstrated capability to develop people
- Broad project management skills
- Broad negotiation & influencing skills
- General consumer goods experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Digital Marketing Manager, Top Tier Healthcare Company
Supplier Quality Manager, Top Tier Healthcare Company
Product Executive/Manager, Pharmaceutical
Area Sales Manager - Orthopaedic, Medical Devices
Product Safety Manager APAC, MNC Medical Devices
Hong Kong, Hong Kong