Supply Chain Manager, multinational technology company
|Job Title:||Supply Chain Manager, multinational technology company|
|Location:||Wuhan Shi, Hubei|
|Contact Name:||Vivian Shen|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2019 13:48|
This is an American multinational technology company that specializes in specialty glass, ceramics, and related materials.
Manage plant supply chain operations (include Plan, Make, Buy, Deliver, Return) to ensure reliable supply at lowest total cost
- Collaborate with Division Supply Chain, Plant production, Engineering, QA, Technology…etc. to optimize production capacity and supply chain materials utilization
- Co-work with commercial and logistics on recyclable packing material availability to support production
- Proficient with constraint planning and management
- Work as a liaison between Supplier, Plant, Distribution Planning, Global Tactical Planning, Commercial to efficiently meet customer dynamic demand on a daily basis
- Track compliance to global Master Production Schedule (MPS), understand the reason of non-compliance to MPS and define opportunities and improve reliability.
- Verify capacity and capability into executable production plans/schedules
- Support engineering experiment, development, line/product qualification and machine maintenance on production line scheduling.
- Champion plant continuously Business system and system improvement on purchasing, planning, logistics
- Support Division and Plant improvement projects and initiatives from One Supply Chain perspective.
- Responsible for tactical procurement execution to assure supply for assigned material, equipment, and services. Duties include communication to suppliers, monitoring of deliveries, expediting materials, and resolving billing discrepancies as needed.
- Submits requests for new vendor setup in the system.
- Works with Strategic Procurement, Operations, and the Business Teams to execute the Key Commodity Strategies.
- Analyzes, plans, and determines proper material requirements using MRP and GSM procurement tools and reports.
- Manages inventory levels and inventory turns. Tracks and reports for all assigned items to ensure goals are being met.
- Generates and Communicates volume forecast to suppliers as required.
- Supports salvage and recycling programs of all assigned materials and scrap reduction efforts in coordination with production and engineering.
- Works with Logistics, Operation, and Transportation Groups to ensure that material deliveries are optimized (time, quality, and cost).
- Supports supplier audits and quality meetings with suppliers and 3PL/4PL
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes supply management performance metrics against objectives including quality, cost, on-time delivery, and lead-time. Communicates results and works with suppliers to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensures compliance on the Global Buying Policy.
- 4PL implementation and management
Job Required Competencies
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or above, majored in Industrial Engineering, supply chain, Engineering or related field
- Over 8 years working experiences in Supply Chain or demand/supply planning, procurement, logistic in multinational/international Company or consulting firm
- MS package, excellent at Excel and PowerPoint
- SCM/ERP/Constrained Base Planning knowledge
- Basic understanding of IT or LCD industry
- Negotiation capability
- MS EXCEL/Power Pointer/Word/Project
- CPIM/PMP/CPSM preferred
- 4PL management experience
- SAP, Ariba, PeopleSoft experience
- Excellent communication skills, positive thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Proven work quality to delivery accurate, thorough, and on-time data consistently.
- Good common sense and fast learner
- Good team player
- Stick to data for decision making
- Exceptional attention to details
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's