Strategy Director, Greater China, Global FMCG Company
|Job Title:||Strategy Director, Greater China, Global FMCG Company|
|Contact Name:||Sophia Sun|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 10:41|
Reporting to the Greater China Business Unit President, the Strategy Director, Greater China is based in Shanghai and is leading the development of long-range objectives and strategic plans for Mondelēz International in Greater China by working with the Greater China BU President, Marketing, Insights & Analytics, CP&A and Region Finance to identify internal and external opportunities that will drive growth in line with our strategic aspirations for the AMEA Region.
- Serve as primary strategic advisor and point person to BU President, analyzing the macro trends and providing input on emerging growth opportunities, organizational capability gaps, and market trends. Act as the BU contact for SVP Growth AMEA, and taking strategic guidance and decision from Region.
- Provide input and independent perspective on all current and prospective Opportunities to evaluate options and deliver specific recommendations for action. Core focus on cluster portfolio and participation development (what we do, what's our offerings etc.). Ensure proper BU KPIs, tracking and resource needs identification for high priority initiatives.
- Interact with internal and external partners and provide a clear and concise direction of our strategic imperatives and drivers of growth. Incorporate key inputs & insights while leading the design and development of the BU Strategic Plan and Annual Contract process.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Insights teams, helping them articulate their strategic opportunities, document their strategic plans, leading discussions with Regional leadership to explain the opportunities and gain alignment of specific actions and choices to realize those.
- Maintain ongoing understanding of emerging market and category trends, competition trends, and emerging macro environment with specific focus on critical "invest" areas and categories. Lead management of growth, profitability and productivity targets.
- Lead the BU Project Management Office (PMO) supporting BU President, operating as a strategic collaborator with BU & regional leadership to take guidance and final decision from Region to ensure projects and portfolio activities are executed in line with ambition.
- Work as an extension of the global and regional strategy team on white space identification in collaboration with global M&A and Ventures team as required on BU specific projects.
The Ideal Profile
Education, qualifications and training
- University Degree in Management or a related discipline
- English proficiency
Experience and skills required
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Strategy Roles for larger or similar size organizations or top tier management consulting;
- Relevant work experience as Marketing/Strategy/GM (10+ years across Marketing/Finance/Commercial/Strategy as a whole), ideally of a successful similar or larger size company (preferably fast-moving consumer goods companies)
- Deep understanding of Industry, Categories and Key markets within Greater China. This is a critical ask.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis and communication skills required.
- Effective in leading, influencing, motivating, and achieving goals through formal and informal channels.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute and follow-up in a timely manner and anticipate problems and roadblocks.
- Strong collaborator, influencer with structured thinking and proven ability to deliver results
- Relevant hands-on experience in consulting and M&A assignments a must
- (strategy, structuring, due diligence, PMM); Experience in competitive intelligence, analytics & benchmarking
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Finance Director, Greater China, Global FMCG company
Global Business Controller, Technology
AM Operational Risk, Global Asset Manager
Head of Regional Business Performance, Banking