Senior Director, Head of Marketing, China
|Job Title:||Senior Director, Head of Marketing, China|
|Contact Name:||Vicky Liu|
|Job Published:||April 14, 2020 17:58|
The Greater China marketing team is a passionate and dedicated team with a high-performance culture. Key to marketing agenda is the ability to use insight and data-driven approach to identify business opportunities, drive transactions, and grow revenues that helps transform business through the planning and effective implementation & tracking of marketing strategies for Brand, Products, Digital, Sponsorships and Promotion Partners across key stakeholders.
The Senior Director, Head of Marketing China, will be a change-maker in driving the leadership of brand in China, leading the China marketing team to develop and execute locally relevant marketing programs that deliver on China's Marketing objectives of driving brand preference through Cross Border, product innovation, sponsorship & experiential marketing.
This role also needs to closely work with the VP of marketing in developing a marketing strategy that defines the domestic market open effort through investment plan, consumer proposition, and communication and media strategies. Thus we are looking for a leader with a strong strategic mindset and problem-solving skills.
Key to marketing agenda is the ability to use insight and data-driven approach to identify business opportunities, drive transactions, and grow revenues that helps transform business through the planning and effective implementation & tracking of marketing strategies for Brand, Products, Digital, Sponsorships and Promotion Partners across key stakeholders. This role also needs to collaborate with the merchant and client marketing team to drive overall B2B2C success.
What you will need to do
- Develop marketing strategies for Mainland China that support the achievement of business and brand objectives, focusing on key initiatives that are aligned to strategic initiatives, support the achievement of business priorities and revenue and growth targets.
- Lead Marketing strategy planning of China Market Entry, including multi-year investment plans, communication and media execution plans, team resource planning and cross-functional planning/collaboration.
- Closely working with CRM, MSA and Product team to define market entry key bets and implement an integrated marketing plan to achieve agreed business goals and execution priorities.
- Lead the BAU planning and operations across the Brand, Product, Sponsorship, and Innovation for China Marketing. This includes budget management, goal setting, annual planning, and facilitating regular team communications.
- Serve as the brand & marketing steward, ensuring our brand is always presented in alignment with brand vision and purpose
- Inspire, lead and guide creative data-driven, multi-channel marketing & communication strategies in ways that resonate with our target audiences and achieve desired results
- Significant influence and leadership of the budget including contact negotiation and fee oversight with agencies
- Raise the bar on our digital & media roadmap via a strong data signal led approach, with a focus on innovative marketing initiatives that are relevant, disruptive and actionable
- Develop programs that integrate B2C and B2B approaches
- Foster, manage and guide all marketing agency relationships with inspiration, respect and mutual passion
- Manage the development, and timely on-forecast implementation of integrated marketing plans for China Consumer, to support the agreed marketing strategies and achievement of business and brand objectives
- Evolve China sponsorship activations to 360° experiential marketing programs with a strong focus on client and merchant activations
- Develop a strong team of marketing leaders via talent growth and career development plans
- Ensure full alignment with audit and compliance requirements
- Proactively educate the organization on China-specific consumer insights and competitive activities
What you will need
- A minimum of 10-15 years business experience of brand and marketing in the financial / payment, CPG, retail, digital economy, mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership; previous experience in strategy consulting and financial planning a plus
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and executing complex marketing campaigns
- Strong marketing strategy and marketing communication skills
- Good project management skills and focus on the quality of execution, delivery and compliance
- Strong business sense and ownership with a focus on measurable results
- Strong understanding of the Greater China payment industry and issues' business focus
- Good knowledge of processes, structure and culture to facilitate efficient dealings with issues, multi-functional resources coordination
- Demonstrated track record of analytical skills and data-led strategy formulation
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Experience "managing up", building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus
- Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
- Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manager, Group Automation Enablement
Content Lead, Gaming
Solution Sales, Cloud - Enterprise
Cloud Product Manager, Enterprise
Manager, Regional E-Commerce, Global MNC