Senior Development Mechanical Engineer, Medical Devices
|Job Title:||Senior Development Mechanical Engineer, Medical Devices|
|Contact Name:||Phua Shyan-Hwei|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2018 12:04|
The Principal Development Engineer (Mechanical) is responsible for the technical and engineering standards of the activities associated with new product development for medical devices.
Some of your key responsibilities include
- Leading key engineering work-stream activities in the establishment of new product development facility including supporting required quality system obtainment.
- Working effectively within a cross-functional team to deliver specified projects, ensuring all actions are identified and delivered to enable sales targets to be achieved.
- Manages design process and creates or acts as a consultant in the preparation of final drawings.
- To monitor budget and progress against key milestones demonstrating that the project team and stakeholders relating to the project are engaged and performing and that project risks are mitigated.
- To ensure that the Technical/Engineering content of a project plan reflects the customer needs specification, is comprehensive, credible, accurate and represents a challenging but achievable delivery target.
- Establish and manage key interfaces with third party suppliers, particularly but not exclusively key manufacturing sites, to enable rapid implementation of New Products. Ensure at the onset and throughout the project that the responsibility for the identification, generation of equipment, and associated funding is clear and that implementation and transfer is efficient and effective.
- To create technical documentation as required by the team, ensuring that the project file is suitable for relevant notified bodies, and to present the project at such audits.
- Work with Project Management to prepare and update Project Schedules and acts as a leader or co-leader for programs as developed per the Strategic Product Definition Process.
Degree qualified, ideally in mechanical engineering, you have at least 10 years' experience in the development of new products in the medical device industry. You have prior experience working with 2D and 3D Engineering design and manufacturing tools (AUTOCAD, ProE.Solidworks) and hands-on experience with computer aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE). Experience with product life cycle management (PLM), finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics will be an added advantage. You have a track record in creative problem solving and employing good engineering practice in mechanical design of medical devices.
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's