Sales Manager/ Director, European clearing house
|Job Title:||Sales Manager/ Director, European clearing house|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Liu|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2019 09:22|
Our client is an European clearing house that services many large international exchanges. As part of their global business expansion, they are looking to build up sales capacity based in their Singapore office.
As the Sales Manager / Director, your role is to research opportunities, initiate discussions, build prospect relationships and close sales within Asia (ex Japan and Australia) region.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will involve this person working closely with functional business partners, including product managers, client service, operations, membership onboarding, technology, legal, and risk to support the implementation of new members/clients.
- Creating opportunities for other team members to engage with key member/client contacts
- Educate current and potential clients, members or prospects as to the overall scope of products.
- Understand and articulate the benefit of new products as they become available to current and prospective members. This will include speaking at seminars and industry events/conferences.
- Attend industry conferences /forums and manage client road shows promoting Company's clearing services across multiple asset classes
- Regular Client, Member and prospects visits (International travel as required)
- Provide internal training material and present at knowledge sharing forums.
- Gather market intelligence to support prospective member business cases from a Front Office perspective
- Build and develop strong two-way relationships with product teams
- Highly motivated self-starter with significant proven and consistent track record in sales, customer development and retention
- Fluency in English and Mandarin or Cantonese preferred
- A self-directed sales professional who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Ability to prospect and build a pipeline, from identifying the right opportunities to gaining access to the right levels of and across an organisation; influencing and building advocacy to create the conditions to close the sale
- A minimum of 5 to 15 years of experience in institutional sales and/or product sales is needed. For Director level candidates, we need them to demonstrate a deep understanding of the trade life cycle and the role of clearing
- For the Sales Manager, the incumbent has to be fluent in spoken and written mandarin due to needing to cover clients in North Asia too
- Strong financial knowledge gained through selling complex solutions that require business case development
- Works effectively independently but supports a team-oriented approach
- An excellent communicator - written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
- Relevant tertiary level qualification
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.