Materials Manager, Asia Pacific, Famous US Technology Company
|Job Title:||Materials Manager, Asia Pacific, Famous US Technology Company|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||September 01, 2017 15:27|
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- Development of S&OP planning strategies for multiple business groups - Collaborate with regional business leaders to assess operational requirements and develop materials planning and strategies to achieve the overall business goals. Oversee the development and monitor ongoing effectiveness of production and inventory control practices and standardization with a team of Master schedulers, Finished Good planners and Analysts.
- Develop Master production schedule and rough cut capacity plans for all regional manufacturing facilities - Accountability for developing and maintaining master schedule and rough cut capacity plan that is derived from the S&OP output and is structured into weekly capacity-constrained buckets for each regional factory. This will involve developing strong relationships with Plant Managers, Production and Inventory Control Managers and Material Planning Manager counterparts to understand BU relationships and product strategy objectives to ensure integration into regional manufacturing facility strategies and supply plans.
- Inventory planning strategy and execution -Serve as the focal point for the company's regional sales, and marketing/BU leads to support inventory requirements including New product launches and BU Strategic stock. Outline the strategy and execution tactics for optimizing raw material inventory in each regional factory.
- Ensures replenishment requests by the countries are consistent with the current and future demand forecasts and with the recommended safety stock and reorder quantity levels. Coordinate inventory movements for the countries within the region. Lead efforts to minimize excess inventory and obsolescence cost.
- Drives strategic projects such as distributor inventory planning enhancement and Preferred Products. Understand the distributor business model and lead the changes in terms of inventory planning activities. Build a regular review cadence of distributor SCM KPI's. Lead large scale analysis and provide interpretation with actionable recommendations. Gather relevant information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; seek input from others and use accurate logic and data analysis to drive change. Work to develop an understanding of channel inventories and the impact on the business unit and regional factories. Provide tools and information to better utilize this information to support customer service, marketing, and manufacturing planning.
- Create presentations to support AP Logistics Director for Business Strategic Review, leadership staff meetings, etc. and frequently present to and interact with Global Materials Planning Director, AP Manufacturing Director and VP's.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but are not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality, and environmental), and functional policies published on the Automation Information Network.
- Lead the AP logistics data analysis team to develop tools & reports, meet the requirements from other functions groups. Interact with global material analysis team on the different projects in terms of enhancement of planning tools.
- Enhance existing supply chain talents to make them ready for the next level career movement. Build up solid supply chain skill sets in existing team, optimize the setup and improve the efficiency of the entire supply chain process.
Skills: Functional / Technical
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration, specializing in Operations Management or Supply Chain Management. Masters preferred.
2. At least 10-12 years experience with 6-7 years as a people manager in materials planning or inventory management and a demonstrated ability to implement, lead and execute process improvements in materials or logistics.
- 3-4 years experience in broader areas of supply chain like international freight, distribution and warehousing will be an added plus.
- Experience in dealing with information system reporting tools such as MS Excel etc. Ability to use statistical analysis in decision making.
5. In depth knowledge of ERP Systems (preferably SAP) including planning, inventory control, bill of material infrastructures, and item master. Experience in SAP environment is preferred.
6. Possess a solid working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma CPI techniques.
- Logistics/Inventory Management Certification preferred (APICS certification is highly desired).
1. Foster Teamwork: Builds effective teams committed to organizational goals; fosters collaboration among team members and between various teams.
2. Develop systems and process for effectively accomplishing work
3. Capability and desire to proactively communicate both internally and externally
1. Building Trust/Integrity
2. Facilitating Team Performance
4. Formal Presentation skills
7. Instill acting like an owner
8. Managing Change
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Asia Rewards Lead, Global Consumer Brand
Materials Planning Manager (Manufacturing Project Management)
Assistant HR Manager, Recruitment, Singapore, Hospitality
Manufacturing Quality Director (Malaysia)
SEA Logistics & Sourcing Director (Consumer Goods)