Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel
|Job Title:||Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel|
|Contact Name:||Andy Zhi|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2020 16:35|
We are seeking a high-quality legal counsel/senior legal counsel to join our client's legal team in Greater China. The role will primarily support the institutional investment and distribution business of designated WFOEs and JVs in China, including but not limited to private fund management and qualified domestic limited partnership businesses. The role is expected to provide regulatory advice relating to areas such as fund management and distribution, data protection and security, etc. to sales, investment, product and other functions of the business. The role may also provide support in cross border initiatives affecting Greater China/Asia Pacific region and will have regular interaction with colleagues in local and other offices and provide an excellent opportunity to get exposure to an in-house work environment.
The position is located in Shanghai, China with a direct reporting line to Head of Legal, Greater China, who is based in Hong Kong. The position may have the opportunity to be seconded to the Hong Kong office in the first year of joining.
- Advise on the legal and regulatory aspects of different parts of the business including local fund launch and maintenance, sale and marketing of funds, investment, data protection and data security;
- Advise on matters relating to qualified domestic institutional investor scheme, qualified domestic limited partnership business and private fund management business in the PRC;
- Review, draft and negotiate agreements in support of institutional investment and distribution business (e.g. investment management/advisory agreements, intermediary distribution agreements, fund constitutive and offering documents);
- Advise on general corporate and commercial matters and provide legal support to various functions including investments, operations, compliance etc.;
- Provide legal advice and support to the governance and control framework of the company to meet all regulatory and statutory obligations;
- Interact with regulatory or quasi-regulatory bodies, and participate in industry meetings in China;
- Provide legal support to ad hoc business projects;
- Oversee the legal and company secretarial affairs for designated WFOEs and JVs of the company in China;
- Oversee and maintain relationships with local external counsel;
- Keep the company and senior management abreast of the latest regulatory changes and their implication on the different business lines;
- Maintain custody of Company chop and maintain document management/filing system; implement and maintain contract management processes for the legal department, including contracts database and filing;
- Provide such other legal support or input as may be requested from time to time.
Experience and Attributes:
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent and qualified to practice law in China;
- At least 7 years of experience gained either from in-house financial services/asset management companies or leading international or domestic law firm focusing on financial services area;
- Proficiency in English and Chinese language (both written and oral), and proficiency in speaking Mandarin essential;
- Candidates should preferably have experience dealing with local regulators in China in public fund registration and private fund filing matters;
- Excellent drafting skills and communication skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the business;
- Ability to work independently but know when to escalate;
- Ability to work under tight timeframe;
- Good analytical skills and attention to details;
- Ability and willingness to grow and adapt to the growing business needs of the company and willingness to develop new skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's