Investment Management Operations
|Job Title:||Investment Management Operations|
|Contact Name:||Andy Zhi|
|Job Published:||June 12, 2020 19:01|
Investment Management Operations is a multi-location, multi-time zone environment and is responsible for all core asset management, trading and research activities for Equities and Fixed Income. In recognition of the continued expansion of the local offices and complimentary domestic businesses, the Investment Management Operations function is required to support general day to day activities together with providing strategic support for key stakeholder initiatives. This will include providing comprehensive solutions including planning & implementation, portfolio services, research and trading operations and technological & administrative services to the core Investment team at both the strategic level and on a day to day basis.
General Investment Operations
- Maintain a consolidated, auditable process documentation library.
- Execute reporting and MI required for monitoring, controls & governance of processes run by the team.
- Identify, drive and contribute to continuous process improvement
- Facilitate and manage Investment Committee meetings, (agenda, actions, minutes etc.)
- Maintain Investment Committee (and associated committees) Terms of Reference
- Identify automation opportunities and lead the implementation
- Independently develop relationships with investment stakeholders
- Provide Ad-hoc and regular reporting as required by the management team
- Perform any additional tasks to support Investment Operations functions as business needs evolve
Portfolio Services Group
- Take hands-on responsibility for supporting the Shanghai portfolio management and trading teams across all day-to-day operational support tasks
- Specific responsibilities may include order sizing and order generation across all security types, FX order generation, portfolio monitoring (duration, guidelines, cash etc.), pre-trade compliance monitoring, liaising with Investment Compliance on portfolio guidelines, security set-up, managing standing instructions, monitoring cash flows, generating cash reports, developing tools to facilitate portfolio monitoring, facilitating corporate actions etc.
- Support for the trading desk may involve liaising with FlL's middle & back office teams and custodians as needed to facilitate trade settlement, set up accounts, ISDAs, new instruments, monitor pricing, monitor corporate actions etc.
- Participate in business change projects to support the needs of the business as it grows in size and complexity
- Proactively manage the needs and requests of portfolio managers and traders balancing scalability and risk considerations
- Expected to be proactive by suggesting enhancements to workflow and processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk particularly within portfolio management and trading
- Actively engage with the technology team to support the platform strengthening work
- Work alongside data governance and operations to support data quality priorities locally
- Develop strong working relationships and close collaboration with the global investment operations teams (PSG, Trading Operations, Analytics and Change Delivery teams) to ensure process consistency and best practice is adopted where appropriate
- Develop strong working relationships with key teams within Business Operations, Investment Compliance and other oversight functions to facilitate support of portfolio managers and traders
- Take on any other ad hoc tasks or functions needed to support the business as it grows and evolves
- Ensure data quality at security/issue level for all names within Securities Pools
- Facilitate the governance process to ensuring appropriate approvals documented for securities at all stock pool levels.
- Run periodic monitoring processes to ensure stock pool composition is adhering to guidelines determined by governing committees
- Monitor stock pool inclusion lists to ensure issues or issuers presenting excessive risk characteristics are highlighted and addressed by appropriate governing committees
- Facilitate, monitor and manage the integration of the research publishing system with the research management system
- Monitor portfolio composition to ensure positioning aligns with approval limits
- Manger issuer relationships within Research management system
- Monitor securities pool to ensure an appropriate level of research associated with each
- Manage, facilitate & prepare relevant materials for weekly meetings with the research department to assess stock pool composition