Head of Purchasing & SCM
|Job Title:||Head of Purchasing & SCM|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2020 18:35|
This job description is the basic requirement of the performance of your duty. It may be revised from time to time in accordance with the changes of the actual job responsibility taken by you. This job description constitutes part of your employment agreement and will be used as the basis of the annual performance review and nonscheduled performance appraisal. During the probation period, this job description constitutes part of your employment condition too, the Company will conduct the probation appraisal for the employee in accordance with the job description agreed when enrolling.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Responsible and accountable for the strategic development of Supplies and Services sourcing strategy aligned with the De-coupling Strategy, input to category business plans, management and oversight of all personnel in sourcing, and the delivery of category purchasing income in the form of improved conditions and sourcing from alternatives.
Responsible/accountable for managing the strategic development and people and process management within the Sourcing team that creates competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Behaviors and Competencies required for the role with a link to 'One A Values'
- Customer and market focus - stays close to customers and competitors to create market leadership for the business.
- Accountable for results - passionate about results, highly commercial and holds self and others accountable for performance against targets.
- Influencing - influences and communicates internally & externally from outlet to UK board level.
- Empowerment - accepts responsibility for the selection of suppliers, products and services and end-to-end sourcing strategies.
- Able to demonstrate and coach the following skills, negotiation knowledge, cost structure knowledge information management.
- Managing Change - Generates innovative solutions, which continuously improve the performance of existing, processes or services. Effectively handles ambiguity and supports managers to embed change.
- Managing performance - Demands continuous improvement from self and others by setting clear objectives.
- Negotiate, plan and manage resources and budgets to deliver objectives.
Essential Behaviours and Knowledge required for the individual to achieve key accountabilities
- 7+ years product and/or category management experience or sourcing experience required with a track record of solid people management behaviour and results.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; an MBA degree or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Procurement experience of Supplies and Services categories is strongly desired.
- Proven record in developing strategic business plans, creating annual budgets and managing projects.
- Experience of broader aspects of the supply chain, as well as providing evidence of a broader business perspective such as balancing cost, value, risk & opportunity.
- Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues for example in operations, finance, customer service.
- Experience negotiating and building relationships at the most senior level of supplier organizations.
- Proven track record showing keen ability to influence in a cross-functional organization including conflict resolution.
- Evidence of an ability to provide strategic leadership to the function as well as contributing at the operational level.
- Well developed people and change management skills which equip an individual to lead teams including cross matrix and cross-cultural groups.
- Proven experience in managing a P & L or budget, and deliver plan results.
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder.
- Strong networking skills, ability to influence and get things done through informal as well as formal channels.
- Ability to operate at pace in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Outstanding presentation skills and selling skills to sell in key programs.
- Capacity to handle multiple change agendas yet to stay in control of events.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
HRBP - Food and beverage industry
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Production (Senior) Manager (Chemicals)
Regional Quality Manager
Customer Service Manager (Healthcare Service)
Regional Order Operations Manager