Head of IT, Insurance
|Job Title:||Head of IT, Insurance|
|Contact Name:||James Rushworth|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2019 09:12|
The goal is to ensure IT systems are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company. Key responsibilities include:
Projects & Operation
- Provide leadership and oversight to IT projects and ensures adherence to schedule, cost and quality and meeting business objectives
- Takes responsibility for special projects and other initiatives on behalf of the Region or Enterprise
- Oversee technology operations (e.g. network, security), applications and end user computing environment for users
- Identify the need for upgrades and keep the system current at all times ensuring stability and security of IT systems
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set region and/or enterprise
- Engage Regional and Corporate Office for system implementation, enhancement and operational support.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating/managing cost-efficient contracts
- Oversees IT budgeting and cost estimation approaches, resource allocation, and reallocation for cost-optimisation.
- Works with business unit leaders to develop project and program resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and day-to-day operational activities
- Works with the enterprise architecture function to ensure alignment between enterprise architectural roadmaps, business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and compliance standards
- Ensures continuous alignment of project investments and initiatives with business strategy based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
- Oversees the development of appropriate governance frameworks and mechanisms for effective risk management
Talent and Workforce Strategy
- Leads the creation of an IT workforce strategy, including the analysis of trends and business strategy to forecast critical skills, emerging skills and resource gaps
- Established strategic relationship with shared services and 3rd party service providers to fulfill demand
- Oversees planning and implementation of IT management training initiatives, IT skills analysis and job description updates
Engagement, Governance & Communication
- Establishes and manages effective relationships between business partners and IT
- Conducts meetings with regional IT leaders and key business stakeholders to validate IT's understanding of business goals and effectively communicate the IT strategy
- Develops IT performance metrics and oversees monthly reviews with the Business leadership team and regional IT team
- Manages the IT strategy and planning and IT communications teams to ensure a high standard of performance
- Reviews management processes (and decisions) to ensure compliance with the organisation's strategy for corporate governance of information.
Interested candidates should ideally have experience in life insurance business, with a minimum of 12 years relevant IT experience, of which 5 years are in a leadership role.
- Expert in IT strategic planning, project execution, operations, communications, and financial management
- Strong customer and user experience focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in IT governance formulation and organizational change management
- Proven track record of innovation, both in internal problem solving and in fostering innovative uses of technology in the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.