Greater China, Finance Director
|Job Title:||Greater China, Finance Director|
|Contact Name:||Sophia Sun|
|Job Published:||April 04, 2019 15:12|
- The Finance Director is responsible for managing the overall financial budget including the set-up of infrastructure to manage end-to-end finance and project controlling function.
- The position reports to the Project Director for the construction and opening of an international women and children hospital in Guangzhou, China.
High Level Description
- Manage the overall project budget (pre-opening, construction, commissioning), ensuring opening on time, on specifications and within budget. Work closely with Project Supervisor on evaluating, awarding and managing contracts, updating the project budget/forecast and tracking the project/payment milestones.
- Support the land acquisition, project financing and management of the Pre-Opening Services Agreement and other third-party contracts.
- Support the Project Supervisor and Hospital CEO in setting up the Pre-Opening office and team, managing the JV partners and external stakeholders.
- Lead the set-up of the Hospital entity, including opening of bank accounts, preparing and operating bank mandates, procuring relevant insurance and appointing in/out source services like external auditor, tax agent, legal counsel and corporate secretariat during pre-operation.
- Manage end to end finance function, including accounting, reporting, analysis, audit, tax, treasury, risk management, controls and compliance matters of the Hospital. Ensure timely and accurate reporting to shareholders based on their reporting requirements (PRC GAAP, IFRS).
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning process. Transit the project financials pro-forma to operating budget and targets for the Hospital management.
- Translate Hospital's plans/initiatives into financial/operation targets for the annual operating and/or capital budget. Develop and manage a multi-year bottoms-up forecast model that projects operating and capital budgets, balance sheet and cash flows for the Hospital.
- Work with external auditor, tax agent, legal counsel and third party service providers to ensure timely and accurate filings and compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Design the finance organization with clear roles and responsibilities. Work with HR to hire and onboard the finance team prior to operations.
- Maintains effective and efficient internal controls to ensure assets are safeguarded, policies and processes are followed and compliance with laws and regulations are achieved. Ensure anti-bribery anti-corruption policies are implemented and are in line with shareholders' requirements.
- Keep abreast of developments in accounting, tax, regulatory and legislative requirements. Ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements.
- Provide regular updates to the Board on Hospital's performance, plans/initiatives, cash flow projections and other matters. Serve as key liaison with shareholders on funding and other financial matters.
The Ideal Profile
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Professional Accounting Qualification preferably with Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant.
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience, ideally with pre-opening experience in a healthcare industry or other related service industries, e.g. hospitality or real state.
- At least 5 years of commercial experience gained with a reputable multinational in a senior managerial position with accomplishment in setting up new finance team.
- A detailed oriented all-rounded team player with experience in setting up and managing Pre-Opening phase is highly desired.
- Extensive working knowledge of China tax laws and regulations.
- Good business acumen with keen eyes for operational details.
- Proven record of accomplishment in financial, tax and risk management.
- Bilingual in spoken and written Chinese and English is a pre-requisite for this role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's