General Manager, Suzhou Plant, Leading Manufacturing Company
|Job Title:||General Manager, Suzhou Plant, Leading Manufacturing Company|
|Location:||Suzhou Shi, Jiangsu|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2017 15:19|
REPORTS TO : CEO
SUPERVISION OF: Managers, engineers, professionals, general staff and workers in the operation.
The position holder is responsible for leadership, management, and business performance. The role will lead to full P&L responsibility at the local level. This position will be helping drive revenue/profitability growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the operation's overall business strategy by leading all operations of the facility in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for P&L of the operation, achieving profitability and results defined by MBO's and company goals.
- Build strong and effective leadership teams through coaching and mentoring throughout the operation.
- Ensure the facility provides a value to all customers via quality, competitive costs and on-time delivery.
- Drive the continual process improvement through KPIs and implement new technologies.
- Take lead in driving performance improvement plans, including work process reengineering, safety and employee relations activities.
- Build business partnership and rapport with key stake holders as well as external parties, including suppliers, vendors, government agencies and customers.
- Ensure operations operate in compliance to the relevant statutory laws and corporate policies.
- Perform other business duties as directed by the reporting manager from time to time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A university degree holder, preferably in a business management or engineering related discipline.
- 10 or more years of progressive management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Precision machining experience with 5 Ra finishes and chemical processing in a high mix, low to medium volume setting.
- Knowledge of, or having worked with semiconductor and medical devices is a plus.
- Excellent interactive skills, able to communicate well with all levels of people.
- Good command of English, able to communicate in Chinese is preferred.
- Good presentation skill, able to articulate and build rapport with internal and external parties.
- Strong planning and organizing skills, able to follow through to deliver results.
- Computer literate and use of MS Office software.
- A self-starter that needs little direction, able to formulate and execute plans.
- Ability to motivate, change direction quickly and solve issues.
- A people person, able to work with multi-national employees, executives and customers.