|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Contact Name:||Sophia Sun|
|Job Published:||October 28, 2019 15:18|
This position is accountable for the accounting operations, regulatory compliance, financial planning & analysis, and budgeting, including:
- i) maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records
- ii) overseeing all statutory reporting, tax and other regulatory/compliance issues
iii) maintenance of a set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of BUs' reported financial results, and ensure that financial statements comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- iv) production of regular financial & management reports up to consolidated level
- v) production of annual budgets
- vi) managing cash, payments & working capital and cash pooling arrangements
Financial Accounting / Compliance:
- Responsible for the supervision and management of all aspects of the financial accounting process for legal entities within China.
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting, tax and other regulatory requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants (where applicable)
Financial Planning & Analysis / Budgeting:
- Management of all aspects of the management reporting process for BUs within China i.e. including review of all JVs' reported management results.
- Issue timely and complete management reports, with variance analysis and report significant issues to China Head and CFO.
- Partner and support China Head in annual budgeting & forecasting.
- Support China Head and CFO in investment proposals in terms of financial projections/modelling, tax structuring and risk management; and monitor and report on projects' progress and outcome.
Resource management & other responsibilities:
- Carry out working capital and cash management.
- Oversee and manage the operations of the accounting team in China HQ, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Conduct financial / management reporting process reviews and assist in the roll-out of specific initiatives on process/systems enhancements
- Take on ad-hoc project and assignments as and when assigned by Management
- Evaluate business structures and proposals for corporate governance and maximizing shareholders' returns