Equity Research Analyst, Global Asset Management
|Job Title:||Equity Research Analyst, Global Asset Management|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Liu|
|Job Published:||November 21, 2018 15:02|
As part of the growth, our client is seeking a Research Associates work as part of their regional research team in Asia Pacific (ex-Japan), initially working alongside a Senior Analyst or Portfolio Manager working on assigned projects. Typically, after an initial period of six months, an associate would assume analytical responsibility for regional (sector or country) coverage and would provide investment recommendations to our Portfolio Managers both locally and worldwide. Although the position will be based in Singapore, the role will be required to work closely with analysts and associates in other locations.
Associates/Analysts may rotate between different sectors and/or countries every 2-3 years. This provides a diversified experience in different markets and allows for a more well-rounded investment professional.
- Use all sources available to formulate a view on the stocks under your assigned coverage. This would include sources within the company as well as other industry sources such as competitors and customers, and external sources such as sell-side brokers and third-party research providers.
- Publish regular reports on assigned stocks; publications are required at a minimum every 90 days to keep a rating current.
- Communicate your views to Portfolio Managers via written reports, voice mails, emails, and face to face meetings.
- Host company meetings on companies on your list for Portfolio Managers when appropriate.
- Provide twice yearly industry updates on the industries under your assigned coverage.
- Maintain a notional paper portfolio comprised of the stocks on your assigned coverage list.
We are seeking candidates who have
- An undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, previous coverage is regional media sector is preferable
- Possess or can demonstrate excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Highly motivated, able to think logically, critically & quickly
- Able to work both independently and as part of a Research/Investment team
- Able to obtain an Investment Representative's license
- Avidly interested and have a passion for the stock market and has demonstrated this interest through either previous work or personal investment.
- Willing to be based anywhere in the Asia Pacific ex Japan region and travel around the region at least 25% of the time.
- Flexibility to potentially move from one location to another after each associate rotation assignment.
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Korea Equity Analyst, Global Asset Management
Sales Support, Intermediary Business, Global Asset Management
Finance Director, Asset Management
Head of Operations / COO Asset Management
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Director, Head of Data, Performance & Reporting, Asset Mgmt