Director/Manager, Head of logistics, Famous technology company
|Job Title:||Director/Manager, Head of logistics, Famous technology company|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2017 14:52|
Our client, the world's leading company focused solely on automation technology is seeking a North Asia Materials & Logistics and AP Warehousing Head for their logistics team.
- JOB TITLE
North Asia Materials & Logistics Manager and AP Warehousing Manager
Asia Pacific Logistics
- POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Director of Materials & Logistics, Asia Pacific
Subordinates directly supervised:
- Logistics Manager, Greater China (China, HK & Taiwan)
- Logistics Manager, Korea
- Logistics Manager, Japan
- AP Warehousing & Transportation Mgr
- Team Size to manage would be approxly 50.
- Rockwell Automation (RA) Logistics organisation and management
- RA Local Sales Offices, Business Units
- 3PL management and operations (UPS, Schenker and DHL)
- Third party transportation contractors
- ROLE SUMMARY:
- Member of the Logistics team
- Manage & Improve Logistics Operations in Korea & Japan.
- Devise a current state warehousing & transportation landscape for AP region
- Collaborate with Country Sales & Business units to enable Business transactions
- Achieve & improve Key Functional metrics,
- Manage the relationship with logistics service providers, Distributors, BU's.
- Increase individual & team performance through leading, motivating and coaching of the direct reports and indirect team members
- JOB SUMMARY:
- Review & improve Country Logistics Processes.
- Identify & Mitigate risks related to Compliance.
- Participate & drive programs to improve Product availability.
- Drive Productivity / Cost reduction Projects, while Improving Service Levels.
- Drive collaboration with Distributors.
- Participate in the selection and management of AP transportation & warehousing service providers.
- Develop a standard measurement scorecard to review effectiveness of service Providers in all AP countries.
- Key Performance Metrics
- Meet Ship on Time to commit dates, while meeting Inventory No. of Days target.
- Improve Product Availability / Implement Supply Planning tools & techniques in collaboration with Distributor.
- Enable Business solutions, while acting as Trade Compliance / Import-Export Champion for the Countries.
- Forecast & Drive Productivity (Saving) projects related to Warehousing & Transportation for all Countries in the AP region.
- While continuously improving WH & Transportation Landscape in AP, also managing relationship with Supply Chain Partners in AP.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge / Skills
- 15 years+ of Work Experience related to AP logistics & international transportation & Warehousing, out of which 6+ years should be in a Managerial position.
- Preferably have relevant Supervision experience in Korea, Japan.
- University of equivalent degree in supply chain or Logistics.
- CPIM / CSCP (APICS) certification Preferred.'
- Should have worked for at least 5 years in a reputed organisation using SAP.
- Should be analytical in approach.
- Have working knowledge related to Import /Export & Trade Compliance.
- Solid experience of People management
- Experience in working with 3PL / outsourced models in WH & transportation.
- Multi lingual (English and at least 1 AP language)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Sales Manager, global shipping company
Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong
Country Sales Manager, global shipping company
Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong
Field Sales Manager (European Multinational)
Product Safety Manager APAC, MNC Medical Devices
Hong Kong, Hong Kong