Director/Manager, Head of logistics, Famous technology company
|Job Title:||Director/Manager, Head of logistics, Famous technology company|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2017 14:52|
Our client, the world's leading company focused solely on automation technology is seeking a North Asia Materials & Logistics and AP Warehousing Head for their logistics team.
- JOB TITLE
North Asia Materials & Logistics Manager and AP Warehousing Manager
Asia Pacific Logistics
- POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Director of Materials & Logistics, Asia Pacific
Subordinates directly supervised:
- Logistics Manager, Greater China (China, HK & Taiwan)
- Logistics Manager, Korea
- Logistics Manager, Japan
- AP Warehousing & Transportation Mgr
- Team Size to manage would be approxly 50.
- Rockwell Automation (RA) Logistics organisation and management
- RA Local Sales Offices, Business Units
- 3PL management and operations (UPS, Schenker and DHL)
- Third party transportation contractors
- ROLE SUMMARY:
- Member of the Logistics team
- Manage & Improve Logistics Operations in Korea & Japan.
- Devise a current state warehousing & transportation landscape for AP region
- Collaborate with Country Sales & Business units to enable Business transactions
- Achieve & improve Key Functional metrics,
- Manage the relationship with logistics service providers, Distributors, BU's.
- Increase individual & team performance through leading, motivating and coaching of the direct reports and indirect team members
- JOB SUMMARY:
- Review & improve Country Logistics Processes.
- Identify & Mitigate risks related to Compliance.
- Participate & drive programs to improve Product availability.
- Drive Productivity / Cost reduction Projects, while Improving Service Levels.
- Drive collaboration with Distributors.
- Participate in the selection and management of AP transportation & warehousing service providers.
- Develop a standard measurement scorecard to review effectiveness of service Providers in all AP countries.
- Key Performance Metrics
- Meet Ship on Time to commit dates, while meeting Inventory No. of Days target.
- Improve Product Availability / Implement Supply Planning tools & techniques in collaboration with Distributor.
- Enable Business solutions, while acting as Trade Compliance / Import-Export Champion for the Countries.
- Forecast & Drive Productivity (Saving) projects related to Warehousing & Transportation for all Countries in the AP region.
- While continuously improving WH & Transportation Landscape in AP, also managing relationship with Supply Chain Partners in AP.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge / Skills
- 15 years+ of Work Experience related to AP logistics & international transportation & Warehousing, out of which 6+ years should be in a Managerial position.
- Preferably have relevant Supervision experience in Korea, Japan.
- University of equivalent degree in supply chain or Logistics.
- CPIM / CSCP (APICS) certification Preferred.'
- Should have worked for at least 5 years in a reputed organisation using SAP.
- Should be analytical in approach.
- Have working knowledge related to Import /Export & Trade Compliance.
- Solid experience of People management
- Experience in working with 3PL / outsourced models in WH & transportation.
- Multi lingual (English and at least 1 AP language)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Supply Chain Director, Global Healthcare MNC
Global Supply Chain Leader (US MNC in B2B sector)
Global Technical Service Lead, Hospitality Group
Global Quality Engineering Lead, Chemicals