Director of Sales, APAC
|Job Title:||Director of Sales, APAC|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2020 17:49|
About The Company
Our client is a global company headquartered in Germany. They are focusing on providing digital camera solutions for machine vision worldwide.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director, Worldwide Sales and based in Shanghai, the role will be responsible for building up the sales team, formulating the APAC sales strategy to capture market share, as well as developing direct customer accounts with existing and new customers.
- Define, collaborate, and implement the strategic direction for APAC sales and customer service in conjunction with the Sr. Director, WW Sales.
- Develop and identify growth segments in the region. Develop and execute the strategic business plan to penetrate & capture new business opportunities from new customers as well as existing customers.
- Anticipate market trends and recommend strategic action plans to enhance the competitive position for the organization.
- Develop region-specific sales strategies, assign revenue targets and KPI's for the sales team in China and the APAC region. Develop and implement short and long-term action plans to rapidly grow revenues and profits.
- Build an effective sales organization to win, foster a culture that builds a world-class team of Sales Managers who work and believe in a "trust advisor" philosophy.
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding APAC sales performance.
- Manage sales contracts of complex accounts and coordinate pricing conditions with the Sr. Director, WW Sales
- Ensure that all APAC sales personnel meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Exceed assigned annual revenue goals.
About The Person
- Excellent negotiation skills that adapt to diverse Asian Pacific cultures.
- Superior leadership skills to build highly motivated and effective sales teams throughout Asia Pacific (with a key focus on China)
- Experience in managing remote offices in mainland China as well as other locations throughout Asia Pacific.
- Prefer to have some vision machine experience in international Asia market is preferred; Some experience in the automotive, electronics and electronics components markets are added advantages.
- Possesses a high Business Development sense, strong understanding of forecasting and budgeting for P&L.
- Possesses experience in international MNCs, yet have a keen understanding of the local Chinese market. Bi-cultural, able to work with the local sales team as well as possess the gravitas to liaise with colleagues in the region and Global Head Office.
- Possesses the ability to communicate with local customers and appreciates the local sensitivity in doing so.
- Able to travel extensively throughout Asia Pacific
- Prefer to have a technical degree such as Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science. A Master in Business Administration will be an asset.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's