Direct Material Sourcing Specialist, Specialty Chemicals
|Job Title:||Direct Material Sourcing Specialist, Specialty Chemicals|
|Contact Name:||Phua Shyan-Hwei|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2019 08:47|
Direct Material Sourcing Specialist, Chemicals
My client is a US multinational firm in the specialty chemicals sector. This is a newly created role and reports to the Global Procurement Category Manager, Direct Materials.
Reporting to the Global Procurement Category Manager, Direct Materials, you will design and produce executive level analysis and reports which link supply market data to internal data to identify price impacts to the business. This role is responsible as the data steward for direct material spend and will prepare the metrics (monthly, quarterly, annual) that are part of the price forecasting and budget process. This role works closely with Supply Chain, Regulatory, and Finance on complex projects to ensure that the organisation's procurement processes are aligned with these key stakeholders. In addition, this role will be managing supplier relationships, primarily with Chinese and other Asian suppliers, under the direction of the Global Category Manager.
The ideal candidate will come from the following background:
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, or Chemical engineering preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience in data management with a heavy concentration in sourcing, procurement or supply chain
- 5 years of general procurement functional experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people in a global, matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or execute process improvement and data projects
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and data analytics
- Thorough understanding and expertise in data manipulation, sorting and analysis tools (Access, Excel, SAP, BI )
- Expertise in SAP data tables and SAP Materials Management experience required
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Results oriented; ability to work independently on several projects at the same time
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's