Customs and Compliance Manager, Surveying and Engineering
|Job Title:||Customs and Compliance Manager, Surveying and Engineering|
|Location:||Singapore River, Singapore|
|Contact Name:||Phua Shyan-Hwei|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2018 11:59|
This is a new role based in Singapore, and is responsible for providing strong leadership and management in the undertaking of required customs & export compliance initiatives with oversight on customs and compliance activities.
Reporting to the Logistics & Planning Director, and supported by a team of 2, your key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all shipping and distribution procedures meet company policies and government regulations
- Provide leadership in the implementation of new customs privileges and/or export regulations and restrictions
- Customs broker and forwarder performance management and KPI
- Provide support for product assessments in terms of Export Compliance requirements
- Determine appropriate export compliance measures and oversee their implementation at the Distribution Centre
- Review screening results that raise "red flags" during screening for restricted parties or restricted end-uses (Denied Party Screening)
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline, with additional training in specialized areas such as International Customs, Export Control Regimes and Regulations. You will have at least 3-5 years' experience in the area of Customs and Export/Trade Compliance, and knowledge of export controls and regulations for key markets including US, China and EU. Knowledge and understanding of export control related regulations such as trade controls, sanctions and embargoes will be an added advantage. You possess strong multicultural awareness, and the ability to work independently and are highly organised.
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Equipment& Automation leader
Hefei Shi, Anhui
Global Manufacturing Business Process Leader - European MNC
Regional Head of Seeds Operation
Senior Category Manager