COO, Alternative Investment Management
|Job Title:||COO, Alternative Investment Management|
|Contact Name:||James Rushworth|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2021 10:23|
A COO is expected to be able to confidently run the following roles, Operations, Compliance, Human Resources, Operational due diligence, assist and take a lead role in the marketing of the fund's products.
The Singapore based Global Hedge fund has successfully built out a multi strat product and seeks an experienced COO to help double the firm's AUM over the coming years.
It is a very dynamic role that requires strong operational, accounting and legal qualifications backed up by strong practical experience in each of these areas.
The COO reports to the Chief Investment Officer and works closely with all key members of the management team.
The COO is supported by a team that has worked together for multiple years and is well integrated but in-depth knowledge and the ability to be across and perform every aspect of the role should it be required in a backup or support situation is expected.
Duties at this level include:
- Oversight of trade reconciliation process, the start of day/end of the day, FX, PB balance optimisation, Corporate actions, treasury function - including sweep balances and stock loan optimisation.
- Month-end GAV / NAV reconciliation that runs to a specific deadline.
- Develop, coordinate and continue to build out a very robust operations team and function.
- Perform allocated administrative functions effectively and efficiently.
- Weekly / monthly accounting requirements of the management company.
- Perform all the MAS and other regional and global reporting requirements.
- Put together the board minute pack and minutes of the meetings.
- Keep abreast of all potential developments globally - via AIMA, MAS workshops etc.
- Onboarding and Monitoring of firm AML/ KYC checks.
- PPM / Subscription refresh.
- Yearly review of Operations, Compliance, DDQ that is accurately and proficiently updated on time
- Oversight of investor onboarding/application process together with Fund administrator review.
Marketing/ Investor Relations:
- Assist with the marketing of the funds - this includes running Investor meetings, helping pull together marketing decks, historic attribution analysis, or responding to questions investors may have on the fund or products.
- Investor Due Diligence - ongoing requirement to be able to prioritise bandwidth to run the Ops DD when required.
- Strong ability to be able to draft and negotiate side letters, managed account agreements, PB/ ISDA documentation or review.
- Confidence in the drafting of legal agreements is mandatory.
- Monthly payroll, CPF requirements
- Employment contracts drafting and onboarding of employees
- Oversight and coordination of staff reviews
Based in Singapore you will be in a similar COO role and come with several years of relevant experience in the local markets.
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Associate Investment Support, Global Asset Management
Investment Operations Associate (KYC & AML)
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Finance Manager (8 months), Global Asset Management
Product Specialist & Institutional Sales, Asset Management Firm
Business Manager - Hedge Fund
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong