Contracts & Procurement - Senior Manager
|Job Title:||Contracts & Procurement - Senior Manager|
|Location:||Guangzhou Shi, Guangdong|
|Contact Name:||Vivian Shen|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2019 18:21|
An multinational health service group.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the overall contract and procurement management including the development of specifications and standards, negotiating contracts, review and preparation of contracts, budgeting and costing and manage payment schedules. The position reports to the Project Director for the construction and opening of an international women and children hospital in Guangzhou, China.
- Develop and implement robust and effective contract and procurement policies, processes, procedures and systems to ensure compliance to regulations and to deliver improvement in cost, quality, safety and time.
- Manage the procurement process from the preparation of contract, tender and selection process for contractors and various work packages, and presenting recommendations to management.
- Maintain strong relationships with line of suppliers and vendors, negotiating contracts to find cost effective deals and reliable suppliers.
- Review and draft all procurement contracts and ensuring proper documentation in accordance to specifications and standards.
- Support the project team with cost estimate advice and cash flow projection during design stage, and value-engineering exercises during tender and implementation stage.
- Review, evaluate and ensure that payment is made in accordance to contractual terms and legal compliance.
- Compile cost data and update project expenditure status.
- Work with external consultant quantity surveyor on finalising projects accounts for all suppliers and vendors.
- Present Monthly/Quarterly reports defining project progress, problems, challenges and solutions.
- Degree in Cost Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Real Estate related discipline, preferably with relevant professional certification.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in procurement, contracts and cost management in well-known real estate companies. Experience in Healthcare Industry will be an advantage.
- Extensive experience in the drafting of contractual language provision.
- Proven record of accomplishment in leading and managing contractual and procurement processes in international or local green field projects.
- Able to lead multiple stakeholders like contractors and suppliers to adhere to project standards and timeline for delivery.
- Good knowledge of local and national building regulations in the People's Republic of China.
- Able to systemically analyse complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Excellent communication skill including negotiation and persuasion.
- Bilingual in spoken and written Chinese and English is a pre-requisite for this role.