|Contact Name:||Vivian Shen|
|Job Published:||April 04, 2019 20:07|
- Position Title: Consultant - Midrange Market Development
- Position Reports To: Regional Vice President, Greater China
- Location: Shanghai, China
This is a Global Industrial Automation Company
Their company has been successful in penetrating the high end of the industrial automation market. They want to expand their market penetration to the mid-level market and are exploring mid-level portfolio options. The goal is to serve a larger percentage of the product available market (PAM) and gain market share. In parallel, they are exploring a new market access model for this portfolio.
Against this background, they are looking for an individual who has intimate knowledge / understanding of the midrange market. The individual must have: 1) a demonstrated track record of developing strategic business plans, executing against those plans and delivering above market financial results; 2) a deep understanding of customer business needs and buying behaviors; and 3) experience in developing channels / distribution / go to market strategies to take mid-level products to the market.
Basic Functions / Principal Accountabilities:
This position has two primary objectives: first, to develop a comprehensive mid-level business strategy based on a thorough understanding of the mid-level market. The key elements of the strategic plan include:
- Detailed market analysis in terms of market size, growth rates and trends by customer type (OEM, End User, SI) and portfolio (controllers, motion, drive, view and other midrange products deemed appropriate)
- Depiction of how the different customer types buy and articulation of what they are willing to pay for in terms of features, functionality, bundles, availability, reliability, response time, service, other
- Assessment of competitor positioning (strengths, weaknesses) and recommended actions that company needs to take to gain share
- Comprehensive business plan that optimizes and protects their core high end market from competitor new product introductions (manage price between global spec / China spec) and positions company to expand its PAM / mid-level market coverage with a China version portfolio (packaged offering)
- Advance recommendations, working with business units, on new product developments
- Identification of potential candidates for acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic relationships, brand labeling options
Second, to develop an execution plan and go to market strategy based on the plan elements identified above. This requires a broad based view of how to engage their direct sales people, channel, distributor, System Integrator, technology and other partners to grow their core high end market. It also calls for recommending options for a differentiated market access model for the China version portfolio with new partners. This new model(s) should be operated separately from their existing selling resources to penetrate the mid-level market. The overall go to market goal is to unseat competition, deliver positive results and achieve greater customer satisfaction.
Job Environment / Qualifications:
This position requires an individual with an in-depth knowledge of the midrange market structure, mechanisms and buying behaviors. The incumbent must be able to build and successfully execute marketing / sales strategies, both strategically and tactically, to meet and exceed annual operating goals. Additionally, the individual must have strong business acumen and experience in engaging channel / distribution partners to develop appropriate go to market strategies.
Strong execution and accomplished interpersonal skills are required. The ability to work with all levels of internal /external managements to gain participation and consensus is critical. Specifically, the individual must collaborate with the selling organization as well as product business managers to recommend product developments, build sales plans, identify focus accounts, qualify and close opportunities (primary focus on new strategic accounts). Finally, leadership experience and aptitude to nurture the local team with strong business and financial skills is desired.