Chief Compliance Officer, China
|Job Title:||Chief Compliance Officer, China|
|Contact Name:||Andy Zhi|
|Job Published:||May 18, 2020 18:15|
To manage a dynamic compliance environment by developing and maintaining a comprehensive compliance program in China. Works directly with the Head of Legal and Compliance, Asia and as part of an integrated regional and global legal and compliance team. Acts as the Compliance Officer for company Investment Management (Shanghai) Limited. Develops and maintains business unit relationships across the region. Identifies and responds to ongoing regulatory changes and implements required policies and procedures, inclusive of appropriate operational and compliance oversight.
- Acts as the Compliance Officer for company Investment Management (Shanghai) Limited and manages the China Compliance team and provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop the team. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends compensation changes in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Holds crew and self- accountable and maintains a high-performance culture.
- To develop and implement a compliance infrastructure for company China's public fund business. Serves as senior management to review, supervise and inspect the compliance of the public fund company and be directly accountable to the board of directors of the public fund company. Oversees the design, implementation, execution and maintenance of Vanguard's compliance procedures manual and compliance monitoring program including the development of compliance standards and policies. Oversees compliance testing and reports to business leaders and the Head of Legal and Compliance, Asia.
- Manages operational efficiency by setting measurable goals by using internal and external resources accordingly. Works closely with Vanguard's Global Legal and Compliance professionals as part of an integrated service, to ensure consistency in compliance practices. Oversees and provides training (at times in conjunction with HR) to increase the level of compliance awareness.
- Reviews and responds to regulatory changes that impact Vanguard's China Business. Works with external service providers as necessary and looks for opportunities to help develop the business whilst making the Business aware early on of any issues/potential threats.
- Liaises with the relevant China regulatory authorities at the appropriate level with respect to their supervision of VIMS, regulatory reporting and the management of regulatory visits or examinations. Helps formulate the position that takes on regulatory issues affecting its China business, liaising and working with policymakers or regulators to increase their knowledge of Vanguard.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and awareness of the investment industry, regulatory and/or policy changes with potential impact on Vanguard's China business. Serves as a technical expert on compliance issues.
- Supports the governance process and makes associated local filings where necessary.
- Manages relationships by partnering with the business (including investment management group) to respond to and meet needs. Consults with business (including investment management group) on compliance issues including policy and procedural changes, and identifies areas for further technical, communication, and service improvement and development to reduce compliance risk.
- Manages effective working relationships across the company and with regulatory agencies by developing, maintaining, and broadening lines of communication between, and with, business leaders, the Head of Legal and Compliance, Asia and other functional areas in the region and in liaison with other compliance and legal colleagues. Maintains affiliations with audit and risk areas, regulators, custodians, external and internal auditors as necessary.
- Participates where required in estimating costs and budgets for compliance activities. Approves expenses with established limits.
- Analyzes departmental statistics and presents reports and recommendations to management. Uses available data to monitor progress and measure success.
- Assumes a lead compliance role in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.