Category Planning Director
|Job Title:||Category Planning Director|
|Contact Name:||Choo Hui Ting|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2020 17:20|
Our client is a mature and recognised Retail Consumer Business in Singapore. They are market leaders in the development and innovative management of a variety of products & services. The company has a significant presence in Asia in terms of its reputable market position in developing high-quality consumer and retail management capabilities and takes pride in ensuring optimized end-to-end supply chain and procurement management to achieve maximized customer satisfaction.
They are currently on an active lookout for a suitable candidate as an experienced Category Planning Director (Retail Management). He/she will be the senior point of contact in terms of ensuring optimized category management and product planning, supply chain management as well as optimal supplier management to ensure on-time distribution/delivery processes, including demands in-stores as well as that on the e-commerce online buying platform.
Reporting to the Chief Procurement Officer, this position will be focussing on the below:
- Lead a team of experienced category managers to optimise Group strategic sourcing and retail grocery categories
- Spearhead related category performance and product assortment reviews to achieve maximum market share and product profitability
- Proactively work with the Sales & Marketing team to continuously make happen maximum customer influx into the stores by means of strategic merchandising and procurement workflow redesigns, where applicable
- Collaborate with Supply Chain team to ensure effective replenishment and healthy stock-holding inventory levels, including that of the e-commerce procurement operations
- Actively involved in monitoring and improving multiple supplier performances, including required category management training
Singapore * Permanent
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 12 - 15 years of relevant experience in end-to-end Supply Chain and Procurement Management role in a complex Retail Management environment
- Acquired experiences in big team management responsibilities
- Proven track record in strategic category planning skills, with an acquired solution-oriented mindset to deal with a complex range of food and other in-store products
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to relay and/or drive process improvements to important senior stakeholders
- Good change management skills to identify and streamline existing operational processes in line with business growth and joint ventures
- Good understanding of SAP and equivalent ERP system is highly preferred
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's