Branch Manager, China, One Leading US Aerospace company
|Job Title:||Branch Manager, China, One Leading US Aerospace company|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2017 14:52|
Our client, one leading US Aerospace company is seeking a Branch Manager for the Shanghai plant, Profileasia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Waigaoqiao, with shuttle bus
Report to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: 5 ppl
Responsible for vision and leadership for multiple Branches within assigned geography. Ensures execution and achievement of Branch operating plans. Accountable for Branch capabilities, profit & loss (P&L), inventory/asset management, order processing & customer satisfaction, operations (quality, logistics, safety) inside and outside sales.
- Lead, manage and coach Branch leadership team to ensure all policies and procedures are being followed and teams held accountable
- Ensure the overall people/staffing plan of the Branch leadership team reflects high performance, bench and succession planning, consistent mentoring, and employee development. Establishes performance objectives and evaluates performance, identifies high potential employees and works with the organization to prepare these individuals for additional responsibility.
- Manages Branch leadership team to ensure acceptable gross profit margins in alignment with costs and company goals.
- Ensures execution of Branch operating plan; financial/accounting performance, asset management, receivables & inventory efficiency, customer service satisfaction, operations, inside/outside sales, productivity & efficiency, safety, organization effectiveness, employee & overall Branch capabilities.
- Ensures and oversees development of annual business plans for assigned Branch offices, ensures collaboration with GM/MD for appropriate alignment and integration of goals/plans.
- Ensures key customers within Branch are serviced appropriately, efficiently and that service and sales levels are appropriate and maximized. Handles sensitive escalated customer concerns.
- Oversees Branch inventory and asset management and ensures optimization and balance. Reviews summary of appropriate pricing structure and utilization of inventory.
- Ensures environmental, health & safety and quality processes for Branches are executed and maintained appropriately.
- Collaborates with outside sales managers to develop and implement creative and innovative sales techniques to increase sales volume to support Branch and the company. Partners with outside sales making sales calls on critical customers and prospects to secure profitable business.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain for optimum support on all inventory buys.
- Operates within the guidelines of export compliance.
- Bears Financial responsibility in terms of budgeting and business planning
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- Spearheading the continuous pursuit of manufacturing excellence by the constant review of work and product flows
- Acting as the leader in all LEAN manufacturing projects and drive the changes required to make all projects a success
- Ensuring profitability of the SHG facility by managing all direct and indirect costs
- Keeping abreast of the latest market development in aerospace industry so as to ensure profitability while keeping in mind cost and suitability
- Developing talents in the SHG facility on succession planning and career development of these individuals
- Full responsibilities to run the manufacturing plant and drive operational excellence
- Work well under high pressure
- Responsible for more than one sub function/ area, each with supervisors who have responsibility for hire/fire decisions; performance appraisals; employee training and development; handles disciplinary problems. This job will be evaluated on these decisions
- Regular internal contact with cross functional Company's leadership and employees to ensure overall successful operation, problem resolution and team motivation.
- Regular contact with key customers and mills ensuring servicing and / or addressing any escalated concerns.
- Regular contact with Company's leadership implementing strategic plans, reviewing and reporting on P&L performance of the Branch network.
- 15 years' successful and progressive management/leadership experience in a metals or metals distribution environment for multiple Branches which includes experience managing P&L with demonstrated track record of profitability and continuous improvement. MBA is preferred
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Experience in operations with knowledge of OSHA and state specific safety regulations preferred
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Strong analytical skills, creativity, strategic capabilities
- Intermediate knowledge in MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Able to work effectively and adhere to the highest standards of quality, reliability and safety.
- Demonstrated problem skills and able to work in high pressure situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills combined with a results oriented business approach.
- Oracle knowledge is preferred.
- Providing leadership and direction
- Managing performance and execution
- Facilitating teamwork and collaboration
- Analytical thinking and decision making
- Developing talent
- Managing organizational relationships
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's