BD Director, Leading Biotech Company
|Job Title:||BD Director, Leading Biotech Company|
|Location:||San Diego, California|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||June 16, 2021 14:57|
Location： Shanghai / San Diego / Boston / New York.
Report to: Chief Business Officer
Our client is a publicly listed, rapidly growing company focused on the development and commercialization of novel pharmaceutical products in Greater China and other emerging markets in Asia Pacific. They have existing partnerships around eight high-value clinical programs in oncology, infections disease, internal medicine, with plans to aggressively expand our portfolio both regionally and globally. It has office locations in Shanghai, Beijing, New York, San Diego and Boston.
Our client is seeking an experienced and talented candidate to join our US-based business development team and play a key role in sourcing, evaluating and executing transactions to expand our portfolio of innovative new medicines.
- Identify potential licensing, strategic partnering and external innovation opportunities worldwide
- Proactively analyze landscape of novel drug targets, disease biology, industry trends and breakthrough technologies
- Collaborate with the internal executive, clinical and research teams to drive in-depth due diligence around probability of technical success, market opportunity, IP, and competitive landscape
- Integrate due diligence findings into business case proposals to gain senior management support
- Lead the structuring and negotiation of partnering transactions from term sheet to deal close
- Contribute to overall company business development strategy in alignment with corporate strategy; draft and execute action plans accordingly
- Strong scientific and/or clinical background - M.D. or Ph.D. in biological or clinical sciences required
- More than 5 years of professional experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (BD, venture capital, management consulting, investment banking) with at least 3+ years in business development
- In-depth familiarity with the healthcare landscape and comfort using scientific publications, industry databases, and primary expert interviews to evaluate scientific data, preclinical and clinical results, and competitive positioning.
- Passion for healthcare innovation and with a Patient First mindset
- A spirit of adventure, entrepreneurship, and perseverance
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for successful collaboration with cross-functional teams located around the world
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with the ability to rapidly synthesize information from multiple sources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time, once routine travel resumes
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus, but not required