Associate Director, SEA Institutional sales, Indices Business
|Job Title:||Associate Director, SEA Institutional sales, Indices Business|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Liu|
|Job Published:||November 21, 2018 15:26|
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director Asia, the individual will be responsible for sales management within South East Asia (In particular, Singapore) - building business with existing and Greenfield site clients (clients including Asset owners, Investment Consultants, Asset managers, product issuers, etc.). They have knowledge of their prospects' business, pressures and opportunities.
Key aspets of the position are:
* Generates business with clients through strong relationships and good planning
* Proactively approaches customers with creative ideas for building business together.
* Displays good communication and presentation skills both internally and externally
* Meets targets for new business growth
* Deep knowledge of Asset Allocation and Investment Strategies within Asset Owners
* Proven ability to work with clients and influence at a senior level
* Strong and deep knowledge of the financial markets
* Extensive relationship management in the area of asset allocation, financial data, investment markets or closely related areas.
Key areas of responsibility and skills are:
- Achieving and developing new revenue opportunities in Asset Owners
- Developing strategies to maximise penetration of products across a variety of customer situations
- Prospecting in Greenfield sites (SEA)
- Investigating the use and perception of competitor products and seeks opportunities to replace them
- Completing sales coordinating resources for pre and during sales activities
- Using effective sales plans and techniques
- Providing information/ intelligence to sales management and other relevant departments including Marketing, Research and Business Development
- Is aware of the company strategy and area plans and is responsible for delivering these messages to the client
- Promoting a positive image of the company and the sales department
- Leading commercial policy discussions and negotiates contracts
- Building effective working relationships with the staff e.g. Client support, marketing, finance, legal, research and development etc.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings, ensuring that knowledge is shared within the team.
It is expected with limited supervision the candidate will be able to deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above. It is therefore expected that he or she will have:
- 3 to 7 years of experience of client facing within financial markets with a proven track record
- Strong understanding of financial business models, such as sell side, buy side or custodian (preferable for custodian or securities/fund services background)
- Deep knowledge of Asset Allocation and Investment Strategies
- Proven ability to work with clients and influence at a senior level
- Strong and deep knowledge of the financial markets
- Extensive relationship management in the area of asset allocation, financial data, investment markets or closely related areas
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Solutions-based selling experience
- English and Mandarin speaking skills
- Educated to University degree level
Singapore Employment Agency Licence No: 16S8069
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Associate Director, Performance Analytics, Investment Manager
Global Head of Institutional Sales
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Sales Manager, Intermediary Sales, Global Asset Management
AVP, Business Management, Wealth Management