Associate Director, Product Development & Delivery, China
|Job Title:||Associate Director, Product Development & Delivery, China|
|Contact Name:||Ivy Wang|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2020 15:56|
Purpose of your role
You will form part of a fast-paced APAC Product Group that drives the business towards future asset and revenue growth through development and implementation of investment solutions for intermediary, institutional as well as direct customers. We are looking for a candidate who will engage in all aspects of product strategy, ideation, design, planning, development, implementation, management, and market research. The candidate is expected to have a focus on the China business while ensuring collaboration with multiple teams and offices around the region. The position will be based in the Shanghai office. Excellent English and Mandarin presentation skills are required for this role along with a strong desire to be part of the change agenda to shape the future business direction. The successful candidate will focus on the development and delivery of the product strategy for China Mutual Fund Company in Shanghai. As China is currently a key strategic focus area, this is a precious opportunity for developing a career to benefit from the tremendous growth potential of Mainland China.
- Own product strategy, product development, product delivery and product management for the China business.
- Monitor and research market trends, asset flows, peer funds/strategies, new fund launches and to provide regular updates to the APAC product team and to the China business on implications to future product development.
- Host and participate in regular product development meetings with various business channels to discuss and review any matters in relation to product development, delivery and management.
- Ensure operating and service model platforms are fit-for-purpose to enable best-in-class product development.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes in China and assess the implications to current and future product development.
- Build and maintain strong relationships through direct engagement and collaboration with the distribution, investment and research teams in China and across the region to help shape strategic product development.
- Develop and maintain strong connectivity with the APAC product team to become a respected, trusted and valued member of the APAC product team.
Experience and Qualifications Required
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills and experience:
- In-depth experience of the mainland China investment management industry, preferably in a product development and/ or management role.
- Strong network and good knowledge of the asset management industry in China is critical.
- Up-to-date insight into the Mutual Fund landscape in China including competitor product suites, flow of investor capital, product trends across major asset classes.
- Ability to think strategically and commercially.
- Good understanding of asset management regulation in China including knowledge of legal vehicles commonly used in China.
- Solid project management experience of leading cross-functional, complex projects or initiatives.
- Self-starter who is entrepreneurial, flexible and ambitious who can deliver results and work as a core member of the APAC product team while also being a respected and material contributor to the China business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Mandarin and English.
- CFA/MBA is a plus.