Associate Director - Head of Risk Management
|Job Title:||Associate Director - Head of Risk Management|
|Contact Name:||Andy Zhi|
|Job Published:||May 19, 2020 10:26|
Title: Associate Director - Head of Risk Management
Department: Global Risk
Report to: Chief Compliance Office/General Inspector China
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Head of Risk Management to support our developing China onshore Fund Management operations. The Head of Risk Management will be responsible for providing independent (second-line-of defence) risk oversight to China Business. The scope of the role spans across both investment and non-financial risk. The onshore Risk Management function will consist of a team of one initially but is expected to expand over time as the business grows.
The purpose of the investment risk function is to provide analysis and oversight on all aspects of investment risk including market risk, derivatives risk, fund liquidity risk and counterparty risk, across China onshore funds and segregated mandates.
The Head of Risk Management will be expected to ensure all applicable investment risk frameworks are implemented and will carry out the risk measurement, analysis, oversight and reporting on the onshore investment portfolios. The individual will be required to work closely with colleagues in the APAC Risk team to develop effective investment risk monitoring and reporting for the onshore investments, ensuring local regulatory requirements are met and supplemented with FIL's global standards as stipuled in global risk policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement a risk and governance framework for the oversight of investment and non-financial risk of China Business and Investment Management operations.
- Support the build-out of the local system and process landscape to support an automated risk monitoring and management process that meets local regulatory and global enterprise requirements.
- Ensure the effective delivery of high-quality analytics for the measurement, analysis and monitoring of the portfolios investment risk.
- Develop risk dashboards to support an effective risk monitoring process and recurring reporting of management information for oversight committees.
- Follow up and tracking of risk mitigation plans and actions.
- Attend the local Risk Committee, Regulatory and Client meetings.
- Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with all key internal stakeholders, such as the heads of the first line of defence teams and other second line of defence heads.
- Stakeholder management at all levels across the organisation including the onshore management, investment and business teams as well as regional counterparts.
- Develop and maintain a strong external professional network to keep abreast of external developments and ensure they are introduced to the organisation as and when appropriate. This includes attending Industry Forums
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a dedicated risk management capacity or similar role (e.g. Audit, Compliance) of a financial services organization in China.
- Proven expertise in market risk, fund liquidity risk and counterparty risk ideally within an asset management firm
- Thorough understanding of investment risk in fund management, ideally with good knowledge of Equity, Fixed Income products and Derivatives.
- Good understanding of quantitative risk models used for investment risk modelling, such as Barra.
- The ability to work independently, within limited management supervision and to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a solution-focused mindset.
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards including attention to detail.
- Experience in reviewing and challenging risk with investment management senior stakeholders.
- Experience in dealing with and influencing cross-functional stakeholders at various level of seniority
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to work effectively with both internal and external clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English.
- Strategic thinker. Able to look at the bigger picture and make decisions based on a strategic view.
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Decision-maker. Effective problem solving and solution-oriented, able to initiate change.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- An FRM, CFA or advanced quantitative degree is highly desirable.