Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting|
|Contact Name:||Andy Zhi|
|Job Published:||June 12, 2020 19:05|
The position will be a key role for internal and external financial reporting as well as taking an active role in contributing to the business as a business partner on finance-related matters.
- Assist in managing and supervising the day-to-day Finance Reporting activity.
- Implementation of an effective internal control system to ensure the highest level of integrity, accuracy and reliability of the financial data.
- Financial Statements preparation in compliance with MRM Group accounting policy, relevant local accounting standards, tax rules and regulatory requirements (content, form and deadlines).
- Lead in timely and accurate preparation and submission of external and internal reporting for the local business units.
- A critical review of all financial data to assist the management team in analyzing the financial status of the company.
- Work with the Head of Finance for developing, coordinating, managing and preparing branch capital and solvency reporting and liquidity (cash flow forecast) reporting.
- Support in the overview of treasury operations and investment activities
- Timely involve the Head of Finance in all relevant/important decisions/proceedings and keep the Superiors fully informed of all important developments.
- Coordinate with external auditors in performing the Year-end Annual Audit.
- Liaise with Head Office, other MR Branch Offices and MEAG, etc. to ensure efficient inter-company coordination.
- Participate in work specific projects.
- Qualified Accountant with University degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience within the insurance and reinsurance sector (accounting)
- Sound knowledge of the supervisory regulations of the market
- Good knowledge in reinsurance accounting (IFRS) is preferred
- Fluent business English and market-specific language skills
- Good business knowledge and understanding of various aspects of the business operations and the associated financial dynamics, financial reporting systems.
- Experienced in general management, leadership and team building.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills