ASPAC Regulatory Policy Director,leading medical device company
|Job Title:||ASPAC Regulatory Policy Director,leading medical device company|
|Contact Name:||Cherry Zhu|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2017 10:04|
Our client, one leading medical device company is seeking a ASPAC Regulatory Policy Head role, Profile Search & Selection is acting as the Employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Title: MD ASPAC Regulatory Policy Head (Director level)
Department: MD, RA, Regulatory Policy
Reports To: Sr Director, Global Regulatory Intelligence
Serves as the MD RA leader monitoring the Asia-Pacific regulatory landscape for changing regulatory requirements and opportunities. Communicates dynamic regulatory information into Sr. Director, MD Global Regulatory Intelligence.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include:
- Serves as primary ASPAC legislative and regulatory expert
- Serves as the principal MD RA leader shaping and implementing the extremely fast pace and changing regulatory platform in key region.
- Proactively monitors ASPAC HA activity through systematic review of regulatory requirements.
- Identifies, cultivates, and nurtures relationships with ASPAC HAs necessary to proactively monitor regulatory changes and trends.
- Assesses changes in ASPAC regulatory policy and analyzes impact on MD RA and individual Business Units.
- Provides consistent and timely information to Sr. Director, MD Global Regulatory Intelligence on the dynamic global regulatory landscape.
- Manage J&J and Trade Assn. responses to proposed ASPAC regulatory changes.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of China, Japan, India and other ASPAC regulatory requirements, processes, and organizations across the medical device field.
- Ability to articulate regulatory policies and their implications to multiple audiences (internal and external).
- Work effectively with internal/external corporate regulatory groups, HAs, and trade associations to efficiently monitor regional regulatory policy.
- Strategic thinking and ability to partner with key external HA stakeholders at senior levels.
- Connect - Must develop and maintain regional relationships with key stakeholders (HAs, trade associations) and internal partners (Regions and BUs).
- Shape - Must manage and shape internal responses to proposed Tier 2 policy changes.
- Lead - Effectively drives regional regulatory intelligence across MD.
- Deliver - Ability to achieve results under demanding time constraints with expansive and changing priorities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master's degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in regulatory policy, public policy, government relations, or regulatory affairs leadership within the medical devices or related (healthcare, pharmaceutical) industry.
- Strong political acumen.
Demonstrated leadership skills; responsibility for influencing external industry peers in building consensus for regulatory policy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner, Medical Technology
Area Sales Manager - Orthopaedic, Medical Devices
Clinical Education Manager, Registered Nurse, Medical Devices
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Product Safety Manager APAC, MNC Medical Devices
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Digital Marketing Manager, Top Tier Healthcare Company